Viva School of Dance offers Beginning level group classes most days of the week . Classes are aimed at beginners with no dance experience. We cover fundamental lead and follow technique and teach basic, easy-to-remember routines which you can use to navigate any social or party dance floor.
We also offer intermediate level group classes, as well as advanced, performance, and competition level classes.
Timetable shows dates and times of all group lessons. You may also call 0861517373 with scheduling questions 10am-10pm 7 days a week.
Why take group classes?
1. Group class is an inexpensive means to learn new figures and patterns.
2. Dancing improves your balance, strength, flexibility, and stamina.
3. We provide the most weekly group classes of any dance studio in the Pacific Northwest. We offer over 60 hours of group classes to choose from every week, specific to dance style, student age, and proficiency level.
4. Group class enables you to dance comfortably on any social or party floor.
5. Group class allows your lead and follow to be predictable through repetition.
6. You do not need to sign up for group class in advance.
7. Group class gives participants practice leading/following different partners.
8. Learn the same routines as your friends in group class so they're easier to lead and follow
9. Group class increase your balance and your sensitivity to your partners' balance.
10. Meet new friends in group class and dance with new people in a structured environment.
How does a group class work?
Group classes focus on the introduction to basic steps for a range of Ballroom and Latin dances over a series of 6 classes. In each successive class we build on materials learned in the previous class and learn new steps. Class topics (for example: choreography) are pre-determined for each lesson, and are appropriate to that lesson's experience level. We cover the materials at the average learning rate of the lesson. We vary choreography in most 6 week series, to give students a wide variety of patterns and help them feel comfortable in the dance styles they choose to learn.
We offer beginning, intermediate, and advanced level group classes. If you are unsure which lesson you "belong" in, ask your teacher. As a general rule, students take beginning level classes until they feel 'bored,' then move to intermediate level classes.
Visit our Timetable page to view many group class dates and times you can choose from this week! You can also call us anytime at 0861517373 .